Do you want to ace the game of pool with your friends?
Well, a game of pool is one of the most renowned indoor games that people all over the world love to play. And if you want to know how to play pool – both the 8-ball pool game as well as the 9-ball version, then keep reading on.
Here are some of the helpful tips, rules, and tricks that will help you become a pro at the pool game.
9-Ball Pool Game
It is played with a total of 9 balls and a cue ball of course.
Object of the ‘9’ Ball Game
The main objective of this 9 ball game is to pot all the stripes and solid balls first. Then to pot the 9 ball to win the game. The pool matches consist of several games and the winner is considered as the ‘best out of’ those games. Each player wins as many games as possible with their attack ad safety play procedures, to win the match.
Rack Configurationforemost thing to learn is to place the right ball in the right position that is otherwise known as the Racking Procedure. You should be first capable of keeping the pool balls in the proper position. The rack configuration of 9 ball pool game is different from the 8 ball.
The ‘1’ ball should be placed at the apex that exactly sits on the foot spot area. The target and the most important ball- ‘9’ ball should be placed at the center. All the other balls can be distributed randomly according to your wish, to form a stipulated shape such as the diamond shape. But make sure that all the balls cover the middle ‘9’ ball.
Deciding th>Deciding the Lagld take a ball in hand with equal size and weight. One player should stand on the left side of the table and the other one on the right side. Both should be positively at the head rail side. Once when they throw the ball, it should bounce off the foot rail and then come again to the headrail. The player whose ball stops closest to him at the head rail side wins the lag. And now it is him, who should decide whether he is going to break first or his opponent player.
Commencing >Commencing the Break Shotr should target the 1-ball first and should pocket at least four numbered balls to the rail side. If you have the cue ball driven off the table or been pocketed, then it is meant to be foul. Don’t forget that when the object ball jumps off the table from your break shot, you are meant to be again foul. Or on the other hand, if you gain your break shot, you are allowed to shoot continuously until you miss to pocket the balls.
Continuing th>Continuing the Gameer misses pocketing the ball, then the chance is passed over to the alternate player to play his turn. Here you enjoy the game and it ends when the 9 ball is pocketed in a legal shot without making any kinds of foul. Also make a note that your game would be forfeited at any time, due to any serious violations of the rules.
Some Importan>Some Important Shots and Regulations of the GamePush Out– After a legal shot, the player can play for a Push Outshot to place the cue ball in the better and favorable position. It is not necessary to touch or hit any ball in the Push Outshot. All other rules of foul, are the same in this shot too. When the player scratches the break shot, the incoming player cannot gain a Push Outshot.
For better 9 Ball game should know about it’s Rules.
8 Ball Pool Game
It is played with >8 Ball Pool Game cue ball.
Object of the Game
As in the ‘9’ ba>Object of the Gamehe game here is also to pocket all the object balls first and then to finally pocket the target- ‘8’ ball. The players can play singles or doubles also. The one who wins the maximum number of games wins the tournament.
The fouls and most of the rules are same here as in the ‘9′ ball regulations.
The configuration of the 8>Rack Configurationifferent and one should thoroughly know to form the pattern. The apex ball is kept to sit on the foot spot. The target- ‘8’ ball is placed in the middle of the third row. And the balls of opposing suits are placed in the other two corners. The white ball should be placed at any point of the service line.
Deciding the Lag
The rules for d>Deciding the Lagthe same as the ‘9′ ball game.
Commencing the Break Shot
The break shot which is t>Commencing the Break Shot also has the same regulations as followed in the 9” ball games rule.
Important Shots and Regulations of the Game
- <>Important Shots and Regulations of the Gamet balls that are placed in a triangular rack should be positioned at the lower end of the table.
- Deciding– To decide who lags the game initially, one can either use the technique of tossing the coin or just giving the balls to both the players, then ask them to throw it on the table. The one whose ball is nearest to the headrails as per the regulations wins the break shot.
- Legal Break Shot– To attain a legal break shot, one should hit the object balls that at least four of them are displaced and make sure that the cue ball is not pocketed.
- Continuing the Game– The first player who had pocketed the stripes or solid balls will then have to continuously hit the shots until his next miss. When missed, he had to pass over the turn to the next incoming player for the upcoming shot.
- Foul shots– If a foul shot is committed by the player, then the cue ball is given to the opposite player, and asked to keep it anywhere on the table. Some of the fouls declared,
- When you pocket the opposite player’s ball
- When the cue ball is hit thrown out of the table
- If you fail to hit your own ball
- If a player, by mistake, shots when it is not his turn
- If you touch/push the cue ball instead of striking it
- If you hit the cue ball twice
- Ending the Game– To end the game, when all the object balls are pocketed one by one by, the target ball (‘8’ ball), must be snaffled. Before a player finally initiates the end shot, he must designate the opposite player that in which pocket he is going to put the ‘8′ ball. The failure in doing it so reverses the turn to the opposite player to occupy the table and proceed his shots. The one who puts the’8’ ball in the intended pocket, wins the game.
For better 8 Ball game should know about it’s Rules.
Both the kinds of the pool game are played in the norma>Final Word"https://playpoolreviews.com/best-pool-tables-review-2018/">pool table. But set your mind when anyone asks for you that how to play pool, then do not forget that they are speaking about the ‘8 ball’ pool game. As compared to the 9-ball game, the 8-ball pool is generally more popular among all, although both can derive equal amounts of engagement and fun.